FROM: Amy Cornell, Public Information Officer CONTACT PERSON: Amy Cornell, Public Information Officer (408) 792-2997 For release on January 24, 2008 DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN 2007 The District Attorney’s Office commended members of its staff yesterday for their hard work in 2007. The recipients of the awards are as follows:
- Deputy District Attorney Valerie McGuire received the Napoleon J. Menard Trial Advocacy Award for her successful prosecution of challenging trials in the Child Abuse Vertical Prosecution unit. Ms. McGuire was recognized for her loyalty, hard work, and tenacity in pursuing difficult cases.
- Deputy District Attorney Marisa McKeown received the Robert L. Webb Misdemeanor Trial Advocacy Award. Ms. McKeown was recognized for her excellent and dedicated work in taking initiative while prosecuting challenging misdemeanor cases over the past year.
- Deputy District Attorney Lois Baer received the Clayton L. Haupert Excellence Award for her commitment and devotion to the office’s Truancy Program. Ms. Baer established the program in 1993, and since, she has become a nationally-known expert in the field.
- Investigators Tuyen Doan and Melisa Joseph both received the Robert Drexel Award for their outstanding achievements in our office and in the community. Mr. Doan was recognized for his hard work in investigating complex fraud cases, and for his commitment to the Vietnamese community. Ms. Joseph was recognized for her dedication in investigating high technology crime. She is a founding member of Operation NetPay, a joint Federal and State investigation involving internet fraud.
- Legal Secretary Mary Dimeo received the Legal Support Award of Excellence. Ms. Dimeo has worked as District Attorney Dolores Carr’s legal secretary for the past year and has been working for the office for 20 years. Ms. Dimeo was recognized for her strong work ethic, integrity, responsibility, and professionalism.
- Paralegal Jenna Dougherty received the Paralegal Award of Excellence for her hard work, dedication, and positive attitude. Ms. Dougherty is the only paralegal in the District Attorney’s Office’s Gangs Unit, where she assists nine attorneys. She is the main liaison between the office’s unit and local law enforcement.