SANTA CLARA COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S
2013 JUSTICE FOR ALL AWARD
MURAL DESIGN CONTEST FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
One of the most important and meaningful prosecutions this Office engages in is holding offenders who sexually assault children accountable. Often, the children need to come to the District Attorney’s Office to meet with prosecutors and prepare for court.
We need your help to create a mural for the room that we use to meet with children who are victims of sexual assault. The age range for these children is about 6-14 years of age.
We want this space to be as comfortable as possible under these circumstances. We want the mural to be colorful, creative, and convey a message of peace and hope.
All Santa Clara County High School Seniors are invited to submit a mural design by Friday, May 17, 2013. Winners will be announced on Friday, May 31, 2013. We will use the first place winner’s design to redecorate this special space. The winner will also receive $500 and his/her name will appear on the mural. The second place winner will receive $300 and the third place winner will be awarded $200.
Contest Information and Rules:
- One submission per student artist.
- The mural design should cover one or two walls of the room.
- The contest winner will not paint the mural, but the design will be closely followed by a professional contractor.
- Contest submissions must be in color on white paper, no bigger than 8 ½” x 14”. Landscape orientation preferred.
- The student artist must currently reside in Santa Clara County and must be actively enrolled as a senior high school student in Santa Clara County.
- Family members of employees of the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office are excluded from participation.
- The work must be original and must be the sole work product of the student artist.
- No use of copyright or trademarked images.
- Entries must be submitted or post marked no later than Friday, May 17, 2013 at 5 p.m.
- Entries should be addressed to:
Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office
Mural Design Contest – Justice for All Award
Terry Harman, Assistant District Attorney
70 West Hedding Street, San Jose, CA. 95110
11. Contest entries will be available for return at DA reception at 70 West Hedding Street until Friday,
June 28, 2013. Entries must be picked up by the student artist by this date if return is desired.