For release on March 19, 2014 CONTACT:James Gibbons-Shapiro, Assistant District Attorney [email protected] (408) 792-2985 DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S 2014 “JUSTICE FOR ALL” AWARD TEEN DATING VIOLENCE: POSTER CONTEST FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS High school is supposed to be a time of learning, growing and friends, not screaming, punches and tears. A recent survey showed about nine percent of high school students reported being hit, slapped, or physically hurt on purpose by a boyfriend or girlfriend in the previous year. Often, the crime goes unreported – to schools, parents or police. This year, the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office is looking to raise awareness about Teen Dating Violence by inviting all high school students to create a poster on the subject that we will prominently use in our county-wide October Campaign against Domestic Violence. The winner will receive $500The second place winner will receive $300 and the third place winner will be awarded $200. All Santa Clara County High School students are invited to submit their poster by Friday, May 16, 2014Winners will be announced on Friday, May 30, 2014. Contest Information and Rules:
- One submission per student artist.
- Contest submissions must be 24” x 36 OR 22" x 28"
- All art mediums welcome: painting, drawing, photography, etc.
- The student artist must currently reside in Santa Clara County.
- must be actively enrolled as a high school student in Santa Clara County.
- Family members of employees of the District Attorney’s Office are excluded.
- The work must be original and must be the sole work product of the student artist.
- No use of copyright or trademarked images.
- Entries must be submitted or post marked no later than Friday, May 16, 2014 at 5 p.m
Contest entries will be available for return during business hours at the D.A. reception desk at 70 West Hedding Street from May 30, 2014 until Friday, June 27, 2014. Further information regarding teen dating violence may be found at: http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/intimatepartnerviolence/teen_dating_violence.htmlEntries should be addressed to:Poster Design Contest – Justice for All Award James Gibbons-Shapiro, Assistant District Attorney 70 West Hedding Street San Jose, CA. 95110Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office