Gilroy Strong Resiliency Center FAQ
The Gilroy Strong Resiliency Center (GSRC) is a multi-agency collaboration designed to foster wellness for survivors, family members, first responders, and all those impacted by the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting on July 28th, 2019. The GSRC is a center where you can receive support, services, resources, information, and referrals to other community
Yes. If you or a family member were present at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, you may access services through the GSRC.
Services at the GSRC include:
- Group Counseling: Group therapy is focused on providing a supportive atmosphere to process the impact of trauma as a result of the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting.
- Individual Counseling: Individual therapy is focused on providing one-on-one support to process the impact of trauma as a result of the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting.
- Victim Advocacy: A Victim Advocate will be available to assist with identifying needs, providing resources and referrals, assist with finding a therapist, and other needs, as requested.
- Victim Compensation: A California Victim Compensation Board (CalVCB) Claim Specialist will be available to help individuals apply for CalVCB and answer questions about the program. Additionally, the Claim Specialist will be available to meet with individuals already qualified for the program to assist with bills and reimbursement.
- Additional Services: Non-traditional healing practices such as trauma yoga and mindfulness will also be offered through the GSRC. Trauma workshops and trainings will also be available. Please visit and follow our Facebook page @GSRC.DAO to stay up to date with additional services.
No. Individual counseling is available as a drop-in service to help meet immediate counseling needs. If you wish to continue long term counseling, a victim advocate will help you find a therapist and/or refer you to counseling resources.
The GSRC is in downtown Gilroy, CA:
The Neon Exchange
7365 Monterey Street
Gilroy, CA 95020
|GSRC Hotline: 408-209-8356
GSRC Email: [email protected]
The GSRC is open on Tuesday to Thursday from 10 – 6pm
Yes. We respect your right to privacy. Your information will only be shared at your request.
No. Immigration status will not be asked. Services offered at the GSRC will be provided to all individuals, regardless of immigration status.