- Create a log and file folder to organize and keep track of your receipts. Be sure to keep a running tally of your costs to ensure you receive all of the reimbursement you are entitled.
- If you get an estimate to repair damage to your property, please collect two or three estimates before deciding on a particular provider. Be sure to submit the final bill and all estimates to the District Attorney’s Office.
- When you submit receipts and expenses to the District Attorney’s Office, keep a copy for your records.
- If your address or phone number changes, please let the District Attorney’s Office know so we can update your records.
- Be sure to keep copies of all restitution payments received.