The Office is currently recruiting interns for Summer of 2022. Interested candidates should have their application and all required school documentation as instructed on the posting, submitted in NeoGov. The application and a letter of interest must be emailed to DA Human Resources no later than February 1, 2023. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In order to qualify for the Student Intern Classification, a student must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident alien, or a non-citizen with proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
- Individuals under eighteen will require a work permit, which may be obtained through the high school counselor or the Employment Development Department (EDD);
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution of a school licensed by a state agency or have graduated from such an institution or school within the last six months;
- Have an overall grade point average of at least 2.5 on a four-point scale;
- Submit a completed County job application for employment;
- Pass a background check.
To apply for the Summer College Student Internship Program, please complete an application by using your newly created or existing account in NeoGov for the posting that is applicable to your current level of education. The following should be attached to your application:
- A copy of most recent transcripts showing cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Proof of current enrollment (or proof of graduation within the last six months)
Be sure to include all required attachments with your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Once you have submitted your application in NeoGov, please send a PDF version of the application submitted online and a letter of interest to [email protected] . Take this opportunity to introduce yourself and provide an explanation why you would like to Intern with the Office of the District Attorney. Incomplete submissions and interest submitted after the February 1, 2023 deadline will not be considered.
Should you have further questions about the Summer College Student Internship Program, please contact Melissa Osborne, Senior Management Analyst, at [email protected].
SANTA CLARA COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
Human Resources Department
Summer College Student Internship Program
County Government Center –West Wing
70 West Hedding Street
San Jose, CA 95110
Email: [email protected]