AACI – Asian Americans for Community Involvement
OPEN ON THURSDAYS
- Advocacy and counseling services for victims of domestic violence and their children, including accompanying the victim to court.
- Legal services, including immigration and domestic violence related family court services, such as U-Visa application assistance, restraining orders, spousal support, and child custody.
- Access to law enforcement investigators who specialize in domestic violence and stalking. Detectives are available to speak to victims about pending investigations, take additional evidence, and conduct follow-up interviews.
- An on-site attorney from the District Attorney’s Office is available to meet with victims to answer questions about the criminal justice process and their case.
- Attorneys can also help victims prepare to testify at court appearances.
- Probation officers that can provide information about the perpetrator’s probation status.
- Referrals to 24-hour emergency shelters.
- Helping victims with processing restitution applications, safety planning, and re-location services.